Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!!







Happy 4th of July everyone!  This is definitely one of my favorite holidays.  I think it's a little bit of the summer fun associated with the 4th, the fact that it's one day before my birthday, and A LOT the meaning of this day.

  I really hope everyone is enjoying celebrating this day and our FREEDOM!  with those nearest and dearest to you.  The past couple years for us tend to be a little awkward.  Here we are, thousands of miles from home, dedicating our lives to upholding the ideals that make our country so great.  I know this may sound  a bit dramatic because we aren't on the battle lines, with guns, fighting our enemies first hand.  But we have definitely committed both of ourselves to representing the best country in the world abroad.   I think as American's we often loose sight that, without a doubt, we are citizens of the greatest nation in the world.  Being oversees and having the opportunity to experience cultures from other countries often, we are reminded even more frequently that there is nowhere better, nowhere like the US of A.

So on this day, I hope you will take a moment to say a little prayer or take a moment to reflect or think a positive little thought (whatever your beliefs are) for all the people that make sacrifices everyday to provide us with the life we are accustomed to both at home and abroad.   Today I know I thank ALL the great patriots of our nation with all of my heart!  God Bless the USA!!


1 comment: