Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Last Stop!

The last stop on our great amazing road trip was to the Bulgarian Black Sea resort town of Sunny Beach.  I had yet to go to the Black Sea so we thought spending the last part of our vacation and Matt's birthday at a beach resort was perfect.  But first we had to get there...



Seriously.  This is what we were dealing with.  Also, the border crossing was something out of a 1960s horror film.  I wish I had pictures.  We had to get out of the car, go into a building and see 3 different people to clear the border on the Turkish side.  There wasn't a lot of English speaking here.  Also, the 3rd and final man to stamp our passport was around the side of a building having a Turkish tea, smoking a cigarette, and stamped our passports on a tree stump.  Crazy.

I don't have any pictures of our day time activities.  I was underwhelmed with this resort town.  Lots of Russian, British and German tourists come here to vacation.  The beach isn't that great and it's really centered around cheesy tourist stuff and binge drinking.  Huge clubs and bars everywhere. It was nice to have  a pool day, though.  



We headed back to Sofia...and I was SO happy to sleep in my own bed again.  We had once last day to do last minute things with Dan and then I made a big homemade meal and birthday cake to celebrate Matt's birthday.  It was one of the best meals we had on our trip, if I do say so myself!  haha. 

And that, my friends, is the end of our trip.

Now we are hunkered down in Sofia for the summer before our big move very soon!!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! that drive does sound interesting. What is that in the picture on the side of the road?
    Can't wait to hear about your move!

    ReplyDelete